Weightloss Tracker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Restart

As you can tell, I have taken a month long hiatus from blogging on here. I have lost much of my motivation and I am not sure where and why it went away. I am ready to get back on the program to continue to lose the much needed weight I
need to lose. I think my biggest reason that I have "given up" has been because I don't feel like I can find the success I had before again. As I have been thinking about how to get started back again, I realized that I am talking myself out of losing weight again, I am telling myself that it is "too hard" and that I "don't have the time." In all honesty, these are NO excuses and the same ones that would bother me when people would ask about my weight loss. They would tell me that they wish they could lose weight like me but it is too hard or their life was too crazy....I am now that person. I'm ready to change that again!

I need to get back to the BASICS. I came up with an acronym to help me get back to the success I found previously.

B-Bodybugg-It is time for be to put my BodyBugg back on to track my calories burned each day. This kept me ACCOUNTABLE!

A-Activity-I HAVE to get back into exercising daily. I not only lost weight but I felt better when I exercised. Even if I start with just 20-30 minutes and work my way back up is better than what I am doing now.

S-Sweets-I need to pry myself away from sweets again. My sweet tooth is back and I need to get away from it again. A small amount of dark chocolate would be a better choice than other dessert options.

I-Intake-I need to be particular again about what I put in my body. I need to get back to fresh fruits, fresh veggies, etc. I need to get away from the "convenience foods."

C-Calories- I need to remember Calories in, calories out. I know there is debate about whether it is the correct way to lose weight but it worked for me. It was the first time I truly found success.

S-Scribble- If I nibble, I scribble...I need to WRITE all the food down I eat daily to keep myself on track. Even if I don't want to write it down, I have to. If I don't write down what I eat, I am shooting in the dark on whether I am taking in the correct amount of calories.


There are 11 weeks left to Christmas. Will you join me in committing the next 11 weeks to health!? This will be the GREATEST gift you could possibly give yourself! We will check in together weekly and keep up with each others successes. I think this will be a fun way to challenge each other to commit to healthy eating and exercise for the next 11 weeks. If you want to join this challenge with me, post your name below in the comment section so I can keep up with who is doing the challenge. You don't have to post your weight or anything, just a commitment to try your best to commit to bettering your health. :) Let's do this!!!

1 comment: