Weightloss Tracker

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Crepes

Change of plans. This morning when I went to fix breakfast, I could not find the banana I had put off to the side to make our pancakes. Sure enough, my wonderful husband had eaten it. :) No problem, just gives me an excuse to make them another morning. Instead of making banana nut pancakes, I decided to make us whole wheat crepes with fresh berries. I am SO glad I made them! They were delicious and perfect for our first healthy meal of 2011! :)
I have included the recipe below. I adapted the recipe from Skinny Taste by just changing a few things to better fit our needs and honestly what we had in our pantry. I hope you will be able to find time to enjoy these delicious crepes!


Crepes (makes about 4 large ones):
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups organic 1% milk
2 whole eggs
1 tsp cold pressed olive oil
Butter flavored spray
Ground up flaxseed (heart healthy!)
Powdered sugar

Berry Filling:
6 oz package blueberries or whatever kind of berries you have on hand
12 oz package strawberries, cut in quarters
2 tbsp Truvia
fat free Cool Whip

In a medium bowl, combine all berries and Truvia. Let stand at least 10-15 minutes.


Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, milk, eggs and oil until smooth using a wire whisk. Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with buttered flavored spray to coat bottom of skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown. Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining buttered flavored spray and crepe mixture.



To serve, spoon whipped cream into center of each crepe. Top with berry mixture and fold each edge of crepe over filling. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Best if served warm.


Top it off with a yummy fresh glass of mimosa. :) Thank you to my wonderful husband who squeezed oranges this morning so we could enjoy freshly squeezed orange juice in our drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment