I made a DELICIOUS meal tonight that was so easy, anyone could do it! I will be honest and tell you I am not a very good cook. I do try and I am getting better but I am not one that can just look at several ingredients and throw together something delicious. BUT, tonight however, I did just that! In about 5 minutes, I had these gorgeous babies in the oven cookin'! I was so proud of myself! Check out the recipe below, it was WONDERFUL! This recipe is also very kid friendly so you can try this out with your children too!
Hope's Easy, Healthy Chicken Fingers
1 package of thin chicken breasts
Organic, whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp of organic butter (Greenwise @ Publix is great!)
2 tbsp flax seed
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Olive Oil PAM cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray olive oil onto baking sheet or stone.
2. Use a bowl or dipping tray (Pampered Chef ones are AMAZING! Just tried them tonight) and add about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and a few dashes of cayenne pepper. Mix around.
3. Melt butter in a small bowl. Use a brush to brush the butter on each side of the chicken.
4. Put chicken in the middle of the panko/cayenne pepper mix and coat it. You may have to press some of the panko crumbs on it to get it to stick.
5. Place panko covered chicken on baking sheet or stone.
6. Repeat until all chicken breasts are covered.
7. Sprinkle each chicken breast with flax seed. (very heart healthy and you can't even taste it)
8. Bake chicken for 20 minutes. Take out of oven, flip to the other side and cook for an addition 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy with your choice of condiments. :)
This meal is round about 6pts per chicken. Serve with a side of veggies (0 points) and fruit (0 points) and you are good to go!