I decided to make a yummy dish last night with some of the local produce I bought last weekend at the Lexington Farmers Market. I was needing to use some of it and some produce from our garden so I made a yummy, quick dish pasta. This dish literally takes under 10 minutes to make! Add more veggies if you want or change out with whatever you have. :) Enjoy!
Farmers Market Pasta
Servings: 4 (Serving size: 2 cups)
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat bow-tie pasta
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 in. strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup (1 inch) slices of asparagus
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup (1 oz) crumbed goat cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Boil chicken until done or cook in Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker for 8 minutes.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet well with PAM cooking spray, add asparagus slices and chicken: saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic to the pan: saute for about 1 minute.
4. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in pasta, basil, vinegar, and oil to chicken mixture in pan.
5. Top with goat cheese mixture.