Weightloss Tracker

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11

The Good: I had a FANTASTIC run today on the treadmill at my house. I was able to run almost a full mile and a half! Holy cow! I think back to last December and am amazed by how far I have come. I couldn't even run 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. Now, I am running a full 15-20 minutes. I am starting the Couch Potato to 5K plan tomorrow to hopefully get me ready for the 5Ks I have this fall! I am DETERMINED to run one of them!!

I also made a delicious dinner tonight that was SO EASY! I made Spicy Chipotle Chicken in my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (honestly the best thing I own in the kitchen) with brown rice and green peas. With Shawn working odd schedules, it is difficult for me to find easy dinners that work for just me. This will definitely be one I make again! All I did with the chicken was put the chipotle rub on them, cooked them in the microwave in the baker for 8 minutes, then topped them with Fresh Market's Chipotle Salsa. DE-LI-CIOUS!

The Bad: I struggled this morning starting off the day right with my normal breakfast meal because we had left over Brugger's bagels at our house from Sunday School yesterday. I chose the "easy" way out this morning and grabbed one on my way out the door to my all-day meeting. Not a great way to start the day.

The Ugly: I did not write my food down today like I said I was going to. I have to make myself more accountable and get back on track. I think I am going to have to go on a no-sugar, no-sweet fast again like I did at first so I can detox my body from it. I can tell the whole "addition" to sweets feeling is back and I am ready to get over it again.

4 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog. In April I started the C25K program as well. The first week, running 30 seconds was a killer. I am so happy to say that I completed the program. I can not believe it but I can RUN a 5k. It takes me a little longer than 30 minutes, but I'll take it. I've been watching what I eat and counting calories. I've lost 25lbs. The past 2 weeks have been tough. I went to NJ with my sister and I was sick and didn't run. I completely understand the battles every day. Nothing sounds better some days than a big ole bowl of icecream (which I shamefully give in to from time to time)! :) Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! So proud of you!!! Also, a good reminder to get my Pampered Chef deep Covered Baker out again,...will use it tonight! I was wondering what to make for dinner! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Hope!! You're doing great [and looking beautiful as always] - I'm doing C25K too and I love it, it's a great program! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks yall!

    That is wonderful, kathy! Keep up the awesome work!

    Annahita-That is awesome!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete