Weightloss Tracker

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Awesome Finds

Today, mom and I went to Earth Fare and The Fresh Market. What an awesome experience and I hope that one of them will open a store somewhere close to Lexington! I could have spent all day in both stores! Check out some of the awesome food finds I found today. :)





Wasa Rosemary Flat bread (New!)- I love Wasa crackers and Laughing Cow Spreadable Cheese. I have never seen the flat breads before until today! I cannot wait to try them for a delicious low-calorie snack! Keep your eyes open for them!


Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips- I have heard these chips taste wonderful! I love the colors they come in! The package says that each serving of these chips is a full serving of vegetables. Don't get me wrong, I love my fresh veggies but having a serving of veggies chip style is something to look forward to! I will let you know how these beauties taste once I try them out!


Agave Nectar- I could not believe how many options of agave nectar I found today! I have not been able to find this jewel in my local grocery store so I knew I was going to be on the lookout for it today. The great thing about agave nectar is it tastes really sweet without the extra calories. It is great to mix in smoothies, use a syrup, or use as a topping on berries. It also is a low-glycemic sweetener which is great for people who have type 2 diabetes or PCOS.


Quinoa (Keen-wah)- I was so excited to find Quinoa today because I have been reading about the amazing benefits it provides your body. It is similar to rice but it packs tons of vitamins and is very healthy for you. I cannot wait to try it alongside of chicken and fresh veggies. The Quinoa I got is also gluten free which will help with my husband's Celiac disease. Awesome product!


Coconut Oil/Butter- Another product I was excited about finding was coconut oil! In the book, The Eat Clean Diet, Tosca talks about the health benefits of adding coconut oil/butter to your diet. She made tons of suggestions and says it is very good to cook with. Coconut oil can be cooked at very high temperatures and does not transmit unhealthy fats when cooked. I am excited about adding something new to my morning cooking routine! The coconut oil/butter does not look like oil at all in the jar but once it heats up, it turns into a clear liquid that resembles oil. Google "coconut oil" to find out all of the benefits!!


Pomegranate- I have always been fearful of this large, red fruit because I had no idea how to eat it or open it. I finally found a great tutorial on a healthy eating cooking blog about how to open and eat a pomegranate. Once I saw how easy it was, I wanted to try one myself! Pomegranates pack a lot of health boosters such as vitamins, antioxidants, and more. I cannot wait to open up this yummy fruit!


Last but not least, my FAVORITE, Cliff White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Granola Bars- 2 words: Simply AMAZING. I ran across these bars at our local health food store, 14 Carrot 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to stop thinking about these bars since then. These bars are the ultimate yummy snack. They are salty and sweet and good for you. The best part about these bars is they come in packs of 2 so when you look at the already good nutrition label on the side, you get a surprise: it is for 2 bars!! How awesome is that?! I don't even crave chocolate candy bars anymore because of these delicious bars. Please go try to find these wonderful bars yourself at 14 Carrot or Earth Fare. I am stalking Publix until I find them there and will let you know when they arrive. :)
Also, word of advice, remember to look at the package and get the CRUNCH Granola Bars NOT the energy bars. Please learn this from my past experience. :) I got a little too excited when I THOUGHT I found these at Publix but ended up being sorely disappointed when I got home and realized I got the energy bars when I thought I had found the Crunch bars.


I hope you will be able to get a hold of some of these delicious items and I will keep you updated on any recipes or reviews I have! :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow Hope! I'm so proud of you! We shop at Earth Fare and Rosewood Market for almost everything we eat now. Most of what you got today we have been using too. Such amazing benfits from what you bought. I had no idea Shawn had Celiac Disease. I have lots of information to help him if you need it. Shoot me an email or call me. I'm super proud of you and with an attitude like this, there's no room for failure! Cheers to a happier, healthier New Year!
    -Julie xoxo

    ReplyDelete