Weightloss Tracker

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Journaling

I do feel that journalling is one of the most important keys to weight loss. When I did lose about 30 pounds before my wedding two years ago with Weight Watchers, my husband and I both wrote down every thing we ate every day. It was great for us because we were able to see where a lot of our points were going and what foods had less points than others. I also think it is very important to journal about weightloss because there are many days of ups and downs and it is great to see how you overcame a down or were able to go back and remember how you felt during an "up" time. So, I will be using this blog as a journal that I hope you and I will both be able to take something from. :) The way I like to journal is pretty simple, the "good", the "bad", and the "ugly", hence the name of my blog. :) Enjoy!

The Good:I SURVIVED THE CHIRSTMAS HOLIDAYS!! I really feel like that should be on a t-shirt that I can wear proudly. This was the first time in my life that I have been serious about losing weight and this is also the first holiday that I had to experience during this new life change I have made. Of course the funny thing about it is that I started this life change the week before Christmas. Talk about timing! I decided that it was a good thing after being upset over all of the yummy things I COULD have eaten but didn't because I feel like if I could survive the holidays then I could survive just about any meal throughout the year! AWESOME!! I really focused on eating whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and meat. I tried my best to stay away from the fattening casseroles and delicious-looking desserts. The only dessert that I ate was a slice of caramel cashew cheesecake that my sister made. I knew she was making it and I knew that I wanted a piece of that cheesecake more than any other dessert so instead of eating dessert throughout all of the many meals, I saved everything to have a piece of that cheesecake and boy was it worth every CALORIE!! Yumm!! Overall, I didn't gain any weight this year which is awesome! I have actually lost 2 pounds during it all! That is a HUGE GOOD!! Once again, I am reminded that, I CAN DO IT!



The Bad:I have not been writing everything down in my Weight Watchers food journal like I should. I have to get better about doing that because it keeps me accountable and allows me to chart my progress.


The Ugly:The other day when I cleaned out my closet, I found a pair of pants I wore before my wedding and saw how small they were (not really but in my eyes they were small!). I realized that I have gained back every bit of the 30 pounds I lost before the wedding plus 20 more! HOW?! I realize now that even when I lost the 30 pounds before, I never changed what I ate (processed foods), I just ate less of them. I am excited to see how my weight will change now that I am eating less and eating whole foods instead of processed junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment