Weightloss Tracker

Friday, June 24, 2011

Back on Track

As I wrote earlier about last month, I have been off track with my workout schedule and eating right for about a month. I made a decision to get back on track this month and it has already shown to make a difference. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2 more pounds from my previous lowest weight which brings my total it 54 pounds lost. I was so excited and stunned to see it on the scale this morning! I think I was stunned because I haven't seen the scale move or go up the last 4-5 weeks. It was awesome to see it going down again!

Now that I have lost a good bit of weight, I am trying my best to integrate weight training into my workout routine. At first it was hard for me to get my mind into it because I didn't want to see a "gain" on the scale from muscle weight. The more I researched it, the more I realized how important it was to incorporate weight training into my workout. First of all, muscle burns more calories than fat so the more muscle my body has, the faster it will burn calories. I definitely want to take advantage of that! Secondly, I want to be "fit" as I lose weight instead of just being a smaller version of my old, fat self. I don't want a ton of excess skin hanging around when I get down to my target weight. I probably will have some but I am hoping to work hard to not have much at all. The areas that I am having the most trouble with toning up are my upper arms and my lower stomach. I continue to work a lot on these areas so hopefully I will start to see some changes. Lastly, weight training is important to me because I want to be physically fit, not just look skinnier. I want to feel strong and have more endurance as I run, bike, Zumba, etc.

I wanted to share an awesome app I found for my iPhone called Nike Training. The app is awesome because it shows you so many different ways to train various areas of your body. It also has workouts you can do according to skill levels. I love the videos because they show you exactly what the exercise looks like.

The second app that I found that is full of great info is Jillian Michaels Slim Down app. It is full of awesome workout circuits that you can incorporate yourself at the gym. She also includes videos of the different workouts so you know what to do. I also like how in depth the instructions are for each exercise. She also includes a daily tip to read when you sign in to the app. They are always full of awesome information and tips from Jillian herself. Very motivating!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! Make sure to MOVE! :)

1 comment: