Weightloss Tracker

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Amazed!

This morning, Shawn and I decided to go running around Pawley's Island since we had a wedding to go to tonight. We both walked/ran yesterday before the rehearsal dinner but we didn't have too much time to spare so we only got in a short 20 minute workout but at least it was something before we went and ate BBQ last night for the rehearsal dinner. We enjoyed it but we were looking forward to a long run today.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location to run. The strip of the island we are on is on the south end and the beauty of it is that it has one side of marsh and one side of beach front property. I can't even explain how amazing it is to have both things on either side of you. Absolutely incredible and breathtaking! We didn't know how far we would run this morning but I knew I wanted to get to 2000 calories burned before I quit exercising because I wanted to meet my calorie burned goal on my Bodybugg and having a wedding tonight was not going to help me get to that goal. We both started out walking. After the first few minutes, Shawn took off running and ended up running the WHOLE south end of the island! Incredible! I was so proud of his persistence and determination! He inspires me to constantly try harder and strive for more!

I ended up walking a little bit more and then broke out into a jog. At first, I didn't think I was going to make it because all I could feel was the burning of my calve muscles and glutes. I kept telling myself, "go until you reach the next bush, or go until you reach the next dock, etc." I kept going and going and going until I officially walked/ran for 4 miles! I kept telling myself to keep pushing that I was going to do this and I did! I remember reading a part in Made to Crave that Lysa went for a run one day and asked God to help push her along. She kept trying to reach various mailboxes and she said she wouldn't stop until God made her stop. She kept going and going until she reached a remarkable distance. I forget exactly what the distance was but it was amazing. I felt exactly like her today. I kept pushing along and asking God to help continue to push me and he did. When I finished, I was completely amazed by what I just had accomplished and I was speechless. I didn't know what to say because I had just done something that I thought would never be possible. Isn't God incredible? He reminds me of this daily and I remind myself that he HAS to be a part of my motivation and lifestyle change. I can do ALL things through him and I know he has been with me every step of the way.

I am looking forward to one last run tomorrow morning and take in all the beauty this island has to offer. I am looking forward to our family trip this summer to see how far I have come then! I am amazed by what I have been able to do in 3 short months, I can't imagine what I will be able to do in June! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope! You are awesome! I am so proud of you! Because of you, I am going for a run tomorrow! Don't think I will make 4 miles, but I will get out there:) You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This post gave me chills! I am so proud of both you and Shawn! You just keep inspiring me, and a whole lot of other people every day!!!

    ReplyDelete