Weightloss Tracker

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: I Got This by Jennifer Hudson


I Got This by Jennifer Hudson

I just received this book from Amazon.com yesterday afternoon and I finished it today! If that doesn't tell you what kind of book it is, I don't know what will! It is a great book and full of motivation! I saw Jennifer on Dr. Oz yesterday and was completely inspired by her and her journey through the ups and downs of weight loss. I can relate to her so well and it was so nice to hear her story and see that she too struggled with losing weight and gaining it back. I was intrigued by her story and was excited to read it after I heard her yesterday.

The first half of the book is full of Jennifer's life story. She gives you a wonderful picture of who she is, where she came from, and the struggles she went through as a child as well as an adult. She talks a lot about the struggles she had in the signing world and how her plus size figure was a constant barrier from her ultimate success. The second half of the book is about her new life as a mom and as a size 6 woman. She is a Weight Watchers member and spokeswoman. She talks a lot about the Weight Watchers program and how she implemented it into her own life. I know I always complain of being too busy but she has tons on her plate and is maintaining her weight loss. It was great to read how she was doing it and how she has inspired so many people along the way!

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite parts of the book and I hope you will pick up your own copy to read. The back of the book also includes several of her favorite Weight Watchers recipes and I cannot wait to try them!

My Favorite Parts:
"Here's what I know for sureL The only way you can sustain a permanent change is to create a new way of thinking, acting, and being." (page 127)

"To me, eating a piece of chocolate is as relaxing as a massage. It's an event. And when I am eating it, nobody better bother me because that is my moment of bliss. Some people like to have a glass of wine at the end of a busy day. Me? I like to eat some delicious chocolate." (page 137) Amen girl, AMEN!

"One thing I know for sure, you can't force the issue of weight loss. When someone wants to lose weight, they will do whatever it takes. They can't do it for anyone else but themselves. It has to be for them alone." (page 152)

"Whenever you see my stretch marks and excess skin-that is to let you know that my weight loss is real. I am proud of those reminders of how I once looked. They are my war wounds, my battle scars, and they're there to remind me of what used to be the truth." (page 172)

"I never dreamed that my actions would have such a powerful impact, but God did. He is using every part of me to make a difference in people's lives by spreading my message of health any way I can." (page 196)

"There have been many times throughout my life when both my faith and will have been tested. That's just life. I've always been able to push on and perservere when even the darkest of clouds hung over my head. God gave us free will, which means we all have the option to make the right choices in our lives." (page 209)

No comments:

Post a Comment