Weightloss Tracker

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Calorie Counting

Today was my first day back to calorie counting. I know people have mixed feelings about wether counting calories is the way to lose weight or not but in my opinion it works for me. To me it is the easiest way for me to keep track of what I am consuming. It makes sense to me that I can only have a certain number and it allows me to chose what foods I want without limiting any. Similarly Weight Watchers in essence does the same thing. I like what Weight Watchers does but for me it is easier for me to look on a box or bag of food for the calorie count rather than calculate how many points something is or not. They are pretty much using the same method.

Today I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone for FREE and it was great! Very easy to use to log in my calories, set my caloric daily goals, and log my daily exercise. I was very impressed with how easy it was to log in my food and keep track of my calories. When I first logged in my weight, height, activity level, and how much I wanted to lose a week, I saw that it calculated me to have 1800 calories which is what I started with last year when I first started my weightloss journey. I thought to myself, wow that is a lot of calories BUT by the end of the day I had eaten all of them plus some....yes....rude awakening! It reminded me that it was going to feel good to get back on track and set my "boundaries." It also gave me a goal (if I follow my calorie goal every day) that I would most likely lose 10 pounds by February 11 which gets me really excited! :)


I also searched around and found a Weight Watchers app called iTrackBites that does the same thing but keeps track of Weight Watchers PointsPlus or points. What I like about it is that it keeps an ongoing track of how many points you have left throughout the day and also has a easy area where you can log food intake. I would highly recommend downloading this app if you are a Weight Watcher!

3 comments:

  1. I really like myfitnesspal!! It's really convenient and even has a pretty good library for when you're offline. Friend me on mfp, I'm fearlesskate :) And I'm starting the calorie-counting again, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love myfitnesspal! I've started calorie counting seriously again for about a week now and it's so convenient having it on my phone so I never forget to track something. Good luck!!
    Oh, I'm slimmersoon on mfp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just friend requested you both! :) Thanks girls for the comments!

    ReplyDelete