Weightloss Tracker

Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 1

The Good: I had a great day today overall. I made a plan yesterday for my weekly workouts and meals. Creating this plan helped me stay on track (for the most part) today. Having a plan gives me less to think about, removes unwanted options of foods, keeps me accountable to myself, and creates barriers for me that I need. I also recorded my food intake on BodyBugg and wore my armband all day to keep up with my calories burned and steps. It was very interesting to see how much I have back-tracked from 6 months ago. Wow! It is reassuring to me to know that I will get back to where I was before, it's only a matter of time.


I also got in a good workout today. I wanted to work out for an hour but I was not able to due to 2 meetings I had. I did a 30 minute weightloss workout program on the elliptical. I have done this program before and it is great! It creates resistance and changes the incline for you. I hope to get a good hour of cardio in tomorrow after school! One thing that I did notice today again that I needed reminded of was how much energy and effort it takes to burn calories. Reminding myself of this was good because it will make me think twice about eating something that isn't within my calorie allotment for the day.


The Bad: I did not get anywhere close to the amount of calories my BodyBugg set for me to burn today. I know this is partially because I couldn't get in a full hour of cardio but it also makes me aware of my daily movement and walking. I need to make sure I move more regardless if it is in a gym or not.

The Ugly: I caved in after school today and ate 2 reese's cups and 2 bite-size peppermint pattys. :( I had them leftover from a Christmas gift one of my students gave me and I definitely need to get rid of them since they are a temptation. I did however record them in my daily food log and they racked up to over 500 calories!! Yuck! I would have done a LOT better without them and I can assure you they were not as good as 500 calories tasted! I definitely need to remind myself of this if I try to reach for any again!

No comments:

Post a Comment