Weightloss Tracker

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How Do These Things Go Together? : ropes, tire, burppes, kettle bell, jello, motivation

How do these things go together you ask?

They go together when you workout at BodySmith Fitness! Wow! What an intense workout! It was EXACTLY what I have been needing and looking for. I have been successful on my own with eating right and doing cardio but I knew I needed to bring it up a few notches.


Tonight was my first night and I was a ball of nerves on the way there. I kept thinking, "can I do this?", "what if I can't finish?", "what if I am weaker than they think?", etc. Negative thoughts were flowing because once again I lacked self-confidence in myself. As soon as I arrived, I had Josh (trainer), C.J. (trainer), and another workoutee welcome me in. They all had smiles on their faces and were very welcoming! As soon as I stepped foot in the gym, I felt at ease. C.J. immediately gave me a high-five and told me he was excited I was there. Josh grabbed me next to take measurements and fill out paperwork. The whole time the measurements were taken, Josh talked to me about the program and completely put me at ease. I was not excited about the numbers I saw on my measurements BUT I told Josh that I will NEVER see those numbers again and boy did that statement come back to me after the workout!


We got started and had to complete 8 different stations. Since I was new, Josh took me step by step through each station and explained what the exercise was targeting. This was great for yours truly...knowledge-a-holic...because I am constantly wanting to know why I am doing something or how it is going to effect me. I was very impressed by Josh's knowledge and immediately trusted the workouts he was giving me because I knew he was knowledgeable about what he was asking me to do. Trust is a huge, especially when I am completely out of my element!

The first station we did was squats which I did fairly well at. This was probably the best I did all night because it only got harder from there! :) The second station I went to was the ropes. I have seen people on the Biggest Loser use the ropes and I always THOUGHT they looked EASY....haha.....yeh RIGHT! I got a rude awakening tonight when I did them! They are TOUGH! I then went on about my business and did the other rotations such as burpees (easy style), kettle bell, row machine, tire/sledge hammer, reverse lunges, and by the end of the night I felt muscles that haven't been awakened in YEARS. I haven't felt like I have had a good full body workout in about 10 years! It definitely was a good workout and flew by because you aren't doing the same thing over and over again.





On my way home, I had some time to think and digest all that happened during my workout tonight. It was a great ride home because I was able to clear my head of the day and reflect on what I just accomplished...yes, finishing tonight's workout was an ACCOMPLISHMENT and one that I wasn't sure I would be able to finish!

Reflections:
1. Losing the weight that I have so conveniently put on over the years is going to be HARD getting off. I chose this lifestyle several years ago and now I am choosing a different one and it is going to take a lot of hard work!

2. I will DEFINITELY rethink my choices of what I am eating now because that workout was NO JOKE! It made me think twice about wanting something that wasn't good for me! It is NOT WORTH IT! :)

3. I never, EVER want to see the numbers I saw tonight when Josh was taking my measurements. I have kept these numbers to myself because I am so ashamed of them but tonight, I had to let someone else see the numbers I saw. It was a sobering experience but one that was good for me because I needed someone else to see them to keep me accountable.

4. I have perfectionist syndrome and I am not sure where it came from or why I have it. I never have been a perfectionist up until the last few years. I want to be perfect at whatever I do and tonight was another sobering experience realizing that I have a long way to go when it comes to the way I am taking care of my body. I was not able to complete each station as I would have liked but I did give it EVERYTHING I had tonight. The great thing is that I will only get better from here which is VERY motivating! I pushed so hard tonight and gave it everything I had and I felt it!

5. I now remember what it feels like to get a good workout in. I used to be athletic in high school and was in pretty good shape. I had forgotten how good it felt to feel like "jello" when I leave the gym. I know that I got an awesome workout in tonight because I literally can feel muscles that I haven't felt in years!

6. I am so thankful God put this opportunity in my life. For the first time in a very long time, I actually feel like I AM going to do this and I CAN do it. It is an investment in ME and I have spent many, many years putting ME aside. I left tonight feeling POWERFUL, SUCCESSFUL, MOTIVATED, and INSPIRED by the other people who were working out with me. What a blessing this has already been and I am in workout number 1!

7. Tomorrow....I will be good to pull myself out of bed! :) I am already looking forward to the next workout!

8. I NEVER, EVER want to get in the place I am in now again. I am ready to feel better, feel healthy, have confidence in myself and my abilities, and feel like I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to! So heres to a new challenge that I am up to over the next year! I am looking forward to putting my game face on and challenging myself like I never have before!

Thank you Josh and C.J. for seeing something in me tonight that I haven't seen in almost 10 years. I am so grateful for your continuous support tonight as I challenged myself and the patience to teach me how to complete each station. I am looking forward to getting stronger each and every session!

No comments:

Post a Comment