Weightloss Tracker

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, A New Journey to a New Me

What is it about a new year and a fresh start that gives me inspiration again? I know that a new year always brings resolutions that normally are not kept up by many but a new year does give you a fresh plate to start on. I am ready to start this journey over again as I did last year. I am finding inspiration again from books, articles, blogs, etc. and I know they will continue to inspire me as I start my journey of weightloss again.

During the last week, I have made a commitment to myself once again to get back on track. The biggest reason I got motivated again was the fact that I had surgery. It was not a surgery due to my health but one on my wisdom teeth that I had to have. BUT what it did do was scare me back into the real-world because I realize that with the unhealthy weight I am carrying, I am putting myself at greater risk for a long list of health problems and I am NOT cool with that! One of my biggest fears has always been related to doctors, needles, etc. If I don't change my habits and get healthy, I am signing myself up for a life of medical issues which scares me to death. Having the surgery helped put the fear of motivation back in me which is what I needed!

I do have to take it easy the next few weeks physically due to my stitches so I what I am going to do is plan my meals, read articles on weightloss, and plan out my workout schedule so I will be ready to start it in a few weeks. I am not going to waste these weeks just because I cannot work out, instead I am going to get my mind back on track and make plans for what I am going to do.

Tonight at the grocery store I picked up the new People magazine with Half-Their-Size. I never read People except for the first issue in January when they showcase the Half-Their-Size stories. I just love the stories and they always get me motivated. If you can, go pick up a copy, I promise it will motivate you!

Here's a toast to 2012...when I am going to make the 100 lbs lots happen! Thanks for joining my journey and hanging on for the ride! It's always an exciting and fun ride but one with many ups and downs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment