Weightloss Tracker

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sample Meal Ideas

I have had several requests for me to post meal ideas or a sample of what my daily food intake looks like. I try to keep it consistent so my body knows what to expect. I have listed a sample food log and a list of good foods I enjoy for certain meals. I hope they help! Please let me know if you have any questions about any of them or want to know where to find them! :)

Food log for today:
Breakfast: (I eat this EVERY morning except for Mondays when I try to be Meatless on Mondays!)
3 Eggland's Best Eggs scrambled (I usually use egg beaters but we were out of them so I had to use regular eggs)
3 slices of Oscar Myer Center Cut Bacon (70 calories for 3 pieces!!!)
1 cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt with 1 tbsp of Walnuts mixed in

Morning Snack:
Fruit Smoothie-2 cups strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1 cup of plan Chobani Greek Yogurt, put in mixer with ice and blend. You can use any combination of fruits and it is SO GOOD!

Lunch:
Portabella Mushroom Pasta with whole wheat pasta noodles from SkinnyTaste.com

Afternoon Snack:
10 Kangaroo Sea Salt Pita Chips
2 tbsp of Sabra Artichoke and Spinach Hummus (my new favorite snack!)
1 cup of grapes and blueberries

Dinner:8 baby red potatoes boiled
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 cup of steamed asparagus
1 Jennie O Turkey Sausage link

Evening Snack:
5 squares of Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Chocolate

Food Ideas
Breakfast:
-Eggs
-Center Cut Bacon
-Fruit Smoothies
-Omelets
-Fruit Crepes (recipe posted on blog)
-slice of banana bread (recipe posted on blog)
-Greek Yogurt

Snacks:
-Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Spread
-WASA flat bread (2 slices)
-Fresh Fruit
-Organic Valley String Cheese
-Cliff Granola Bar
-Hummus
-Guacamole
-Carrot or Celery sticks
-Pretzels
-Greek yogurt
-Archer Farms (Target brand) Blue Corn Tortilla Chips with Flaxseed (Amazing!)
-Newman's Own Salsa (The Garden Salsa is awesome!)

Lunch:
-left overs from the night before (this is usually what I do for lunch)
-low sodium soup
-deli meat and veggie wrap
-fruit
-veggies
-small pizzas on Arnold's flat bread (recipe on blog)
-Morningstar Farms Organic Corndogs (I have heard these are DELICIOUS and bought some today, looking forward to trying them!)

Dinner:
-anything from Skinnytaste.com
-any recipe from my blog
-Shrimp and chicken
-Zpizza (organic ingredients and nutrition info is on their website, zpizza.com)
-Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bun from Chick-fila (NO FRIES!)
-Salsaritas burrito, tacos or quesadilla on whole wheat tortilla (Yes, they have whole wheat tortilla shells if you ask! :) Also, nutrition info is on their website and it is awesome!) NO CHIPS! Take your own if you want some salsa because the chips are over 400 calories by themselves! Ouch!
-Applebees has a whole menu under 500 calories and has WW friendly meals

Dessert:
-Fresh Fruit
-60% or higher dark chocolate (Lindt 70% and Intense Mint are our favorites!)
-Fruit Smoothie
-Dessert ideas on Skinnytaste.com
-WW Friendly Milkshake (idea from a fellow WW member)
-1 WW Frozen Fudge Bar
-1/2 milk
-Ice
-Let the fudge bar thaw out for a few minutes in the blender, mix together, blend and it taste just like a milkshake! How awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment